Monument of Public Interest -
With the transfer of the Episcopal See from Silves to Faro in 1577, the Order of Santiago, which occupied the church of Santa Maria, was forced to abandon it.
Afterwardas they started to build a new church that replaced a small chapel founded by the fisherman that lived in Ribeira neighbourhood in 1518 and this was the establishment of São Pedro Church.
The main chapel is ornamented with a retable dated form the late 17th century, experimental baroque.
Lrg. de São Pedro,
37º1'6.89''N ; 7º56'5.05''O
Phone: (+351) 289 805 473