Site Autárquico - Câmara Municipal de Faro

Ir para conteúdo

Aliança Café

Monument of Public Interest -

 

The main entrance and facade are located in D. Francisco Gomes do Avelar Street being the building’s rear towards Marinha Street. 

The newspaper “O Heraldo” was established in 1912 on that building by Carlos Lyster Franco.

A major fire caused extensive damages leading the owner, José Pedro da Silva, to submit to the Municipality of Faro a project for the construction of a new coffee house by the architect Quintas Júnior.

It’s an example of Revivalist architecture with neoclassical influences; a three floor building where the first floor is a café and the remaining second and third floors are for housing purposes.

 

Specifications 

Classification

Monument of Public Interest

Commissioned by

Unknown

Design

Quintas Júnior, architect
Date of construction/reconstruction/other work

20th century

Type

Revivalist, civil architecture. Longitudinal plan with three floors

Special features Balconette windows with railings on the 1st and 2nd floors; group of columns on the ground floor and interior decoration

 

Adress:
Rua D. Francisco Gomes, n.º 7 a 11
8000-306 Faro
37º0'58''N 7º56'4.66''W